Our graduates are equipped with the science of psychology that is explored through its many branches such as clinical psychology, cognitive psychology, marriage & family, social psychology, industrial and organisational psychology, and cross-cultural perspective. As students engage in the study of human behavior, they are also invited and encouraged to elaborate the understanding from a Christian worldview within the framework of Reformed theology. This way, students will gain a holistic and comprehensive understanding of the human mind and human behavior, and develop the skills to apply the principles of psychology to improve the quality of life for individuals and communities.faculty information
Mentor-mentee ratio in mentoring session
Of the lecturers are psychologists/counselors who are active in their profession and some of them hold leadership positions
Of the top three in a variety of quiz competitions or debates between faculties of psychology in the past five years
A graduate who:
- Has Christ-like character.
- Lives out their calling professionally, according to their competence and talents, by relying on God truth and sovereignty for a transformed life.
- Has deep understanding of psychological concepts and theories and the ability to resolve psychological issues holistically based on the foundation of a Biblical Christian worldview.
- Embodies the creative spirit and faithfully applies their psychological knowledge based on the foundation of a Biblical Christian worldview for the good of others and the glory of God.
You will learn things related to psychology, such as:
- Human mental functions, processes, and behavior
- Various branches in psychology: counseling, clinical, social, industrial-organisation, education
*For course details, you can see on the curriculum
Here are several career choices & prospective jobs for Psychology graduates:
- Psychological/community/HRD consultant
- Writer/content creator/social influencer in mental health
- Assistant psychologist
- Staff and mental health advacate in organisation, community, and educational contexts
“Ilmu Psikologi yang dapat diaplikasikan ke semua bidang, sangat sesuai dengan passion saya dealing with people. Ini juga yang menjadi dasar saya dalam menjalankan bisnis.”
Founder of Electronic Locker 'Popbox'
“Karier yang saya miliki hari ini tidak mungkin terjadi tanpa pengenalan yang utuh dan terintegrasi tentang psikologi serta pembentukan karakter yang matang pada saat belajar di UPH.”
Psychologist (Founder Experiencing Life Foundation) & Lecturer of Psychology at UPH (Part time – Statistic Consultant Australia Institute of Enneagram Study)
Rima Purnama Sinthesia.
“UPH memberikan kesempatan bagi saya untuk bertumbuh baik dalam spiritualitas, leadership, dan karakter yang membekali saya bertahan dalam menghadapi tantangan jaman.”
Youth National Program Director at PT Life Talk Asia
M. Ahwy Karuniyado.
“Keprihatinan terhadap perkembangan media di Indonesia membawa saya ingin menghadirkan media PT Mencerdaskan Anak Bangsa dan ingin menjadi manusia yang bermanfaat kepada sesama. Apa yang saya kerjakan, tidak terlepas dari peran networking alumni UPH.”
CEO of PT Mencerdaskan Anak Bangsa atau Widyamedia.com
“Studying psychology at UPH cultivates my integrative mindset, enabling me to deeply understand people and seamlessly integrate my faith into the field, thus empowering impactful psychology practice.”
|Pendidikan Agama Kristen||4|
|Kepemimpinan / Wirausaha||2|
|Pengolahan dan Pelaporan Statistika||2|
|Wawasan Dunia Kristen 1||4|
|Semester Antara 1|
|Psikologi Industri & Organisasi||3|
|Wawasan Dunia Kristen 2||4|
|Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif||3|
|Wawasan Dunia Kristen 3||4|
|Metode Penelitian Kualitatif||3|
|Kode Etik Psikologi||2|
|Semester Antara 2|
|Psikologi & Pemikiran Kristen||2|
|Pelatihan dan Pengembangan||2|
|Seminar: Pengenalan Topik Penelitian||1|
|Mata Kuliah Pilihan 1||3|
|Mata Kuliah Pilihan 2||3|
|Mata Kuliah Pilihan 3 & Mata Kuliah Pilihan 4||6|
|Penulisan Proposal Penelitian||3|
|Konstruksi Alat Ukur Psikologis||3|
|Mata Kuliah Pilihan 5||3|
|Mata Kuliah Pilihan 6||3|
|Semester Antara 3|
|Psikologi Lintas Budaya||2|
|Psikologi Pernikahan & Keluarga||2|
|Tugas Akhir (Skripsi/Magang)||6|
|Total Study Fee||Rp217.880.000|
*) The price covers all tuition fee during normal study period according to valid curriculum
Yonathan Aditya Goei,
Dean of Faculty of PsychologyYonathan Aditya, Ph.D. is the Dean of Psychology Study Program. He teachesCounseling Psychology, Counseling Workshop, and Close Relationship courses. His areas of interest include spirituality, well-being, and romantic relationship. He earned his Master’s Degree in Counseling from Sekolah Tinggi Teologi Reformed Indonesia (STTRI) and Doctor in Counseling Psychology from De La Salle University in Manilla. He also received Certification in Choice Theory/Reality Therapy from William Glasser Institute.
- Recipient of LLDIKTI Grant for research
- Does anger toward God moderate the relationship between religiousness and well-being. Roczniki Psychologiczne/Annals of Psychology
- Can Religiousness be Associated with Religious and Spiritual Struggles? Advances in Social Science, Education and Humanities Research, volume 229. 2nd International Conference on Intervention and Applied Psychology
- Predicting Well-being from Different Dimensions of Religiousness: Initial Application of 4-BDRS Scale in Indonesia. In Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Psychology in Health, Educational, Social, and Organizational Settings
Karel Karsten Himawan, M.Psi., Ph.D., Psychologist
Department Chair of PsychologyKarel Karsten Himawan, M.Psi., Ph.D. is a Lecturer of Psychology Study Program. He teaches Social Psychology, Ethical Codes of Psychology, and Abnormal Psychology courses. His areas of interest include issues related to singleness, romantic relationship, gender roles, spirituality and religiosity, and well-being in the cultural context. He earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Universitas Pelita Harapan, Master of Psychology in Adult Clinical Psychology from Universitas Tarumanagara, and Doctor of Philosophy in Social-clinical Psychology Field from The University of Queensland in Australia. He is also a licensed Clinical Psychologist (Ikatan Psikolog Klinis, HIMPSI), and has a professional practice with a focus in handling cases related to romantic relationship, marriage, and family, as well as life adjustment issues in young adults.
- Emerging Scholar Award, Common Ground Research Network
Berkeley, CA, US, 2019
- Sarlito W. Sarwono Award, Konsorsium Psikologi Ilmiah Nusantara
- Full Scholarship (Ph.D), Indonesian Endowment Funds for Education (Lembaga Pengelola Dana Pendidikan)
- Himawan, K. K., Bambling, M., Edirippulige, S., & Underwood, M. (2021). Motivations and reactions to social undervaluation of single people in married society: An Indonesian perspective. Families, Relationships, and Societies, advanced online publication. https://doi.org/10.1332/204674321X16316940998258
- Himawan, K. K. (2020). Singleness, sex, and spirituality: How religion affects the experience of being single in Indonesia. Mental Health, Culture, and Religion, 23(2), 204-215. DOI: 10.1080/13674676.2020.1767555
- Himawan, K. K. (2019). Either I do or I must: An exploration of the marriage attitudes of Indonesian singles. The Social Science Journal, 56(2), 220-227. DOI: 10.1016/j.soscij.2018.07.007
Head of LaboratoryYuliana Anggreany, M.Psi., Psi. is the Head of Laboratory of Psychology Study Program. She teaches Qualitative Research Method, Social Psychology, Special Needs Children, Behaviour Modification, and Capita Selecta of Clinical Psychology courses. Her areas of interest include special needs children, and parenting. She earned her Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Psychology from Universitas Tarumanagara. She also has a license as a Child Clinical Psychologist.
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy untuk menurunkan kecemasananak kelas 6 SD terhadap ulangan matematika. Seurune, Jurnal Psikologi Unsyiah. Vol 2 No 2.
Wiwit Puspitasari Dewi,
Student Service ManagerWiwit Puspitasari Dewi, M.Psi., Psi. is the Student Service Manager of Psychology Study Program. She teaches Qualitative Research Methodology, Psychodiagnostic 3 (Interview), Cross-cultural Psychology, Positive Psychology, and Personality Psychology courses. Her areas of interest include mental health awareness, mental health stigma, help-seeking behaviour, positive psychology and anxiety management. She earned her bachelor's degree in Psychology from Universitas Indonesia and Master of Psychology (PR) in Adult Clinical Psychology from Universitas Indonesia. She also works as a Psychologist in Adult Clinical Psychology, specialized in handling cases such as anxiety, depression, emotional management of teenagers & adults, and as a Brainspotting Practitioner.
- Intervensi kelompok pada remaja korban kekerasan dalam hubungan pacaran yang mengalami reaksi stres pascatrauma
Jurnal Widyakala, 2018
- Pengaruh harapan terhadap resiliensi wanita dewasa muda yang pernah mengalami abortus spontan
Jurnal Psikologi Ulayat, 2019
LecturerAllessandra Theresia, M.Psi. is a Lecturer of Psychology Study Program. She teaches Qualitative Research Methods; Behavior Modification; Psychodiagnostics 2; Psychological Code of Ethics; Gifted Child Psychology; The child with special needed. Her areas of interest include prosocial behaviour in children and learning needs of children with special needs. She earned bachelor's degree in Psychology from Universitas Tarumanagara and a master's degree in Psychology from Universitas Padjadjaran.
- Studi pendahuluan untuk meningkatkan kemampuan prososial melalui kemampuan sosiokognitif anak usia 6 tahun
Widyakala Research Journal of Pembangunan Jaya University, 6(2), 121-127. 2019.
LecturerDavid Matahari, S.Psi, M.Sc. is a Lecturer of Psychology Study Program. He teaches Cognitive Psychology, Experimental Psychology,Statistics, Quantitative Research Method, Cross Culture Psychology, and Consumer Behaviour courses. His areas of interest include cognitive psychology: perception, attention, memory, organization of knowledge and decision making, cross culture and social psychology, and trait-personality. He earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Universitas Tarumanagara and Master of Science in Psychology, Cognition Psychology: Learning and Working from Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet in Freiburg, Germany.
- Recipient of LLDIKTI Competing Grant for research
Dicky Sugianto, M.Psi., Psi.
LecturerDicky Sugianto, M. Psi., Psi. is a Lecturer of Psychology Study Program. He teaches Quantitative Research Methods, Experimental Psychology,Clinical Psychology, Capita Selecta of Clinical Psychology, Projective Test, and Positive Psychology courses. His areas of interest include compassion & self-compassion, oppressions & mental health, and shameful/unworthy feelings. He earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Universitas Sanata Dharma, and Master of Psychology from Universitas Katolik Soegijapranata. He is also an Adult Clinical Psychologist, dealing with problems in managing feelings, shame/unworthiness, bereavement, and the development of self-compassion in individual, group, and community settings.
- Reliability and validity of the Indonesian version of Self-Compassion Scale Sugianto, D., Suwartono, C., & Sutanto, S. H. Jurnal Psikologi Ulayat (2020), 7(2), 177–191. https://doi.org/10.24854/jpu107
- Self-Compassion As a Way to Embrace Loneliness in University Students Sugianto, D., Sutanto, H., & Suwartono, C. PSIKODIMENSIA (2020), 19(1), 122-131.
- Health self-regulation and self-compassion as predictors of COVID-19 preventive behavior among Indonesian sample Sugianto, D., Anna, J. A., & Sutanto, S. H. Jurnal Psikologi Ulayat (2021). https://doi.org/10.24854/jpu409
Erni Julianti Simanjuntak,
LecturerErni Julianti Simanjuntak, S.Psi., M.Sc. is a Lecturer of Psychology Study Program. She teaches Personality Psychology, Statistics, Communication Psychology, Health Psychology, and Psychometry courses. Her areas of interest include internet addiction and social media. She earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Universitas Sumatera Utara in Medan, and Master of Science from Asia University in Taiwan.
- Moderated-Mediation Roles: Relationship between Internet Addiction, Neuroticism, Perceived Stress, and Adaptive Coping Style among Indonesian Migrant Workers in Taiwan
Simanjutak, E. J., & Ko, H.
Makara Human Behavior Studies in Asia (2021), 25(1), 80-95. https://doi.org/10.7454/hubs.asia.1160321
LecturerGrace Indrawati, M.Psi., Psi. is a Lecturer of Psychology Study Program. She teachesClinical Psychology, Abnormal Psychology,Psychodiagnostic 1,Developmental Psychology 2,Communication Psychology, and Final Project courses. Her areas of interest include clinical problem, mental health, and therapy. She earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Universitas Maranatha in Bandung, and Master of Psychology (PR) from UNIKA Atma Jaya. She is also a Psychologist in adult clinical field.
Helsa, M.Psi., Psi.
LecturerHelsa, M.Psi., Psi. is a Lecturer of Psychology Study Program. She teaches General Psychology, Inventory Test, Creativity Psychology, Personality Psychology, and Cognitive Psychology courses. Her areas of interest include issues related to child development to early adulthood, relationships with others, parenting, and well-being. She earned both her Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and Master of Psychology Profession in Child and Adolescent Education Field from UNIKA Atma Jaya. She is also a Certified Psychologist in child and adolescent education field.
- Peran self-efficacy terhadap student engagement pada mahasiswa dalam pandemi COVID-19
Helsa & Lidiawati, K.R.
Psibernetika (2021), 14(2), 83-93. DOI:10.30813/psibernetika.v14i2.2887
- Pembelajaran online selama pandemi COVID-19: Bagaimana strategi pembelajaran mandiri dapat memengaruhi keterlibatan siswa?
Lidiawati, K.R. & Helsa.
Psibernetika (2021), 14(1), 1-10. DOI:10.30813/psibernetika.v14i1.257
Jessica Amelia Anna, M.Psi.
LecturerJessica Amelia Anna, M.Psi. is a Lecturer of Psychology Study Program. She teaches Clinical Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Psychodiagnostic 3, Addictive Behaviour, Crisis Counseling, Personality Psychology, and Behavior Modification courses. Her areas of interest include issues related to romantic relationships, resilience, attitudes towards mental disorders. She earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Universitas Satya Wacana, and Master of Psychology from Universitas Katolik Soegijapranata. She is also an Adult Clinical Psychologist that deals with adolescent and adult problems with anxiety issues, romantic relationship, career/interest, and daily stress management.
- Hubungan Antara Emotion-Focused Coping Dan Dukungan Keluarga Dengan Anticipatory Grief Pada Ibu Dari Pasien Kanker Anak Anna, J.A. Widyakala Research Journal of Pembangunan Jaya University (2020), 7(1), 42-27.
Krishervina Rani Lidiawati,
LecturerKrishervina Rani Lidiawati, M.Psi., Psi. is a Lecturer of Psychology Study Program. She teaches Educational Psychology, Behaviour Modification, Developmental Psychology, General Psychology, Inventory Test, Creative Psychology, Capita Selecta Psychology, and Education courses. Her areas of interest include parenting, self-regulation in studying, issues related to developmental psychology (child and teen), and educational psychology. She earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Universitas Kristen Satya Wacana, and Master of Psychology in Educational Field from Universitas Tarumanagara. She is also a Psychologist in educational field and a source in the talk show “Parenting with Heart”, in collaboration with Yayasan Busur Emas at Heartline Radio 100.6 FM.
- Best Presenter on Session in “International E-Conference KPIN2020”
- Lidiawati, K.R. (2016). Peran pelatihan strategi “SMART” dalam meningkatkan Self-Regulated Learning (SRL) pada siswa SMP. Jurnal Ulayat, 3(2), 158–168. DOI:10.24854/jpu22016-69
- Lidiawati, K.R, Fransisca, T. (2020). Pengaruh Adult attachment Terhadap Strategi Regulasi Emosi Pada Mahasiswa Perantau di Universitas X. Jurnal Talenta, 6(1), 89–100. DOI:10.26858/talenta.v6i1.13455
LecturerNurtaty Sinaga, S.Psi., M.Si. is a Lecturer of Psychology Study Program. She teaches Statistics, Quantitative Research Methods,Psychometry,Construction of Psychological Measuring Instruments,and Cross Culture Psychology courses. Her areas of interest include construction of measuring instruments, quantitative research methods, and educational psychology. She earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Universitas Padjajaran, and Master of Science from Universitas Indonesia.
LecturerPrincen, S.Psi., M.A. a Lecturer of Psychology Study Program. He teaches Counselling Psychology, Crisis Counselling, Psychological Test Construction, Psychometrics, and Communication Psychology courses. His areas of interest include counselling, integration of Christianity and psychology, technology and psychology. He earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Universitas Sumatera Utara in Medan, Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology from STMIK IBBI in Medan, and Master of Arts in Christian Counseling from Torch Trinity Graduate University in Seoul
- Perbandingan Konsep Diri Anak Pendeta dan Anak Jemaat Gereja
Princen, & Ezrani, M.
Humanitas (2021), 5(2), 133–148. https://doi.org/10.28932/humanitas.v5i2.3531
Dr. Rijanto Purbojo, M.Si.
LecturerDr. Rijanto Purbojo, M.Si. is a Lecturer of Psychology Study Program. He teachesEducational Psychology, and Psychodiagnostic 2: Observation Technique courses. His areas of interest include online learning, psychological assessment, and educational technology. He earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology Profession from Universitas Padjajaran in Bandung, Master of Science in Education and Training System Design and Doctor of Instructional Technology from Universiteit Twente in Enschede, The Netherlands. He is also a Psychologist in educational and education technology field.
- Gold Prize of the best paper at the educational technology world conference 2016 in Bali
Samuel Adiprasetya Isaputra,
LecturerSamuel Adiprasetya Isaputra, M.Psi., Psi. is a lecturer of Psychology. He teaches Consumer Behavior and Entrepreneurship, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, and Training and Development courses. His areas of interest are in Consumer Behavior, Financial Technology, Organizational Development, and Human Resource Management. He earned his Bachelor of Psychology from Universitas Sanata Dharma and Master of Professional Psychology in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from Universitas Gadjah Mada. Aside from teaching at university, He is also a psychologist in Industrial and Organizational Psychology.
see journal publications (click here)
Sandra Handayani Sutanto,
LecturerSandra Handayani Sutanto, M.Psi., Psi. is a Lecturer of Psychology Study Program. She teaches Personality Psychology, Psychodiagnostic, Psychology Code of Ethics, Health Psychology, and Cognitive Psychology courses. Her areas of interest include health psychology, developmental psychology (teenage), and parenting. She earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from UNIKA Atma Jaya and Master of Psychology in Pediatric Clinical Profesion from Universitas Indonesia. She is also a Psychologist in pediatric clinical field & Expert partner at School of Parenting.
- 3rd Place Most Productive Writer KPIN Award
- 2nd Place Most Productive Writer KPIN Award
- Sutanto, S.H., Pratiwi, P.C., Suwartono, C. , & Mayong, T.C. (2021). Harapan, regulasi emosi dan kepuasan pasien yang baru didiagnosis kanker : Studi pendahuluan. Mind Set, 12(2), 125-133.
- Sutanto, S.H., &Suwartono, C. (2019). Hubungan antara kesepian dan keterlibatan ayah pada remaja. Jurnal Psikologi Ulayat, 6(1), 53-68. https://doi.org/10.24854/jpu85
- Sutanto, S.H., & Suwartono, C. (2021). Peran keterlibatan ayah dan kesepian terhadap kepuasan hidup remaja. Intuisi, 13(1), 48-59.
Dr. Sri Lanawati, M.Si.
LecturerDr. Sri Lanawati, M. Si. is a Lecturer of Psychology Study Program. She teachesEducational Psychology, Developmental Psychology 1, Developmental Psychology 2, Psychology of the Elderly, Psychology of Gifted Children, and Psychology of Play courses. Her areas of interest include early childhood education programs, psychology of play, psychology of the elderly, emotional intelligence, and learning achievement. She earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Master of Science, and Doctor of Psychology in Educational Psychology from Universitas Indonesia.
Dr. Yusak Novanto, M.Psi., Psi.
LecturerDr. Yusak Novanto is a lecturer in the Psychology Study Program at UPH Lippo Village Tangerang. Currently, he teaches courses in General Psychology, Social Psychology, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Consumer Behaviour, Organizational Behaviour, Training and Development, Cognitive Psychology, and capita selecta in Industrial Organizational Psychology courses. His areas of interest include industrial and organizational psychology, human resource management, positive psychology, social psychology, psychology of religion, and the integration of psychology and theology.
He earned a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Indonesia, a Masters in Psychologist Profession (Major PIO, Minor Clinical) from the University of Indonesia, and also a Master of Science (concentration in Educational Psychology) from the University of 17 August 1945, Surabaya. In addition, he has also completed a Doctoral study program in the Field of Industrial Organizational Psychology from Airlangga University, Surabaya. Until now, he is registered and has a license as an Industrial Organizational Psychologist at HIMPSI (Indonesian PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION) Banten Region. He also has organizational experience as member board of HIMPSI JATIM on 2015-2019.
He also has several experiences to become a trainer, training facilitator, motivator, talk show speaker, and speaker at various psychology seminars held on radio, Christian schools, and churches. He is also involved in the board of APK (Christian Psychological Association) HIMPSI as Chair for the 2022-2026 period. He is also active as a member of AP2I (Indonesian Positive Psychology Association) and APIO (Organizational Industrial Psychology Association). In addition, he also has professional experience as a reviewer for several scientific journals, marketing, and admission manager, HRD Coordinator, and also chairman for an educational foundation board at a school in Surabaya.
- 2015 BPPDN Scholarship
- Award for 10 Years of Work at UPH
- Novanto, Y., Pali, M. (2019). Teacher's Life Satisfaction In Palopo And Toraja:An Analysis Study Based On Demographic Factors. Jurnal Sains Psikologi, 8(2), 207-217. http://dx.doi.org/10.17977/um023v8i22019p20
- Natanael, Y., & Novanto, Y. (2020). Pengujian Model Pengukuran Congeneric, Tau-Equivalent dan Parallel pada Satisfaction with Life Scale (SWLS). Psympathic: Jurnal Ilmiah Psikologi, 7(2), 285-298. https://doi.org/10.15575/psy.v7i2.6405
- Novanto, Y., Handoyo, S., & Setiawan, J. L. (2021). Predicting the life satisfaction of Indonesian Christian employees: Examining the role of religiosity, perceived organizational support, and meaningful work. Jurnal Psikologi Ulayat: Indonesian Journal of Indigenous Psychology, 9(1), 116-141. https://doi.org/10.24854/jpu189
- Novanto, Y., Handoyo, S., & Setiawan, J. L. (2022). The role of religiosity, self-efficacy, social support, and perceived organizational support on the life satisfaction of Christian theological seminary lecturers in East Java: The meaning of work as a mediator. Journal of Educational, Health, and Community Psychology, 11(1), 227-265. http://dx.doi.org/10.12928/jehcp.v11i2.23573
Meet the Faculty: PsychologyFocus on the Needs of Children and Adolescents with Special Needs, Psychologist Febriana Sidjaja Actively Educates the Community." style="height: auto;" data-eq-height="compact-8437">
Fransisca Febriana Sidjaja, M.Psi., Ph.D., (Febri) a Psychologist and lecturer at the Faculty of Psychology, Universitas Pelita Harapan (UPH), expressed that be…
Fransisca Febriana Sidjaja, M.Psi., Ph.D., (Febri) a Psychologist and lecturer at the Faculty of Psychology, Universitas Pelita Harapan (UPH), expressed that be…