Cindy Lim (DKV 2009).

UPH’s DKV Alumnus Offers Design with Character and Innovation at Fortelin Creative Studio

The rapid growth of business sector, technology, as well as social media in Indonesia has demanded designs to be more powerful and impactful. Seeing the opportunity within the growth, Cindy Lim, Alumnus to UPH’s Visual Communication Design cohort 2009 initiates Fortelin Creative Studio – a graphic design studio based in Jakarta with a vision to provide a creative and innovative solution for brands to grow through integrated branding. Originating from the word “Fortælling” meaning story or narrative, Fortelin aims to help brands build their identity and tell their story through design and attractive visuals.Cindy admits that working in the graphic design industry started with her love with drawing.

Since her early childhood, Cindy loves translating her imagination into a piece of paper and soon as she grows up, she decided to continue her education at UPH and took Visual Communication Design to further explore her passion in arts. The designer life is filled with challenges, including hers: demands of knowledge renewal, adapting and keeping up with technology updates and market taste are a few of the many criteria that Cindy has to keep sharpening in order to compete in the creative industry. She hopes that through her excellence, she will be able to give the best service alongside of providing high quality designs.

“The trust my client gave me to work on their designs and help their business grow is my main motivation in Fortelin. I usually feel at contentment when I can contribute and provide solution for their business through my designs or visual work. At the end of the day, design is not only work for me – it’s who I am. It pushes me to keep being creative, to keep giving my best work and creating the best designs,” Cindy says with enthusiasm.

Cindy’s success in developing a creative studio can’t be separated from her education at UPH. Holding tight to honesty, integrity, consistency, respect, and humility, Cindy did not only grab the opportunity to be on the scholarship program UPH provided, but also participating in various organizational and committee activities. Cindy believes that through her academic and non-academic experiences during her education at UPH has shaped her into the person she is today and is an important process in her life.

“I’m convinced by the values, curriculum, and facilities that UPH has. UPH becomes a stepping stone for my career because at UPH I gained a lot of knowledge and experience. My character was shaped and my capacity is further sharpened. All of these became important supplies as I walk into the professional world,” Cindy closes.